Tuesday, June 7, 2016

June 7 - Apple Blossom


“What goes up must come down.”
~ Isaac Newton

Apple Blossom is another Shopkin design in John Justice's collection.

I've collected a lot of things in my day; coins, stamps, live recordings, playing cards, latex pigs - I even have a tiny box that I'm keeping sorted balloon nozzles now (... thanks Scott ...), I understand the desire to have everything and put it in the right display container.

But I don't understand Shopkins.  I don't mean to be a curmudgeon, but I bought a pack (research!) and did the math, $3.50/pack of 2 - IF I were to get a perfect purchase of no repeats, of the 148 for Season 1 alone, would cost 74*3.50 = $259!!!  (I'm not even sure 148 includes all of the variants.)  But perhaps you've had perfect trades, we still have 5 seasons so far  = $1295 for the most chokeable toy that I've ever seen.

This one is pretty cute though!

John does a great job preparing the parts and getting them aligned to look nicely, and once again shows his awesome pen work.  John demonstrates the green apple version, which according to my Shopkin wiki research is the variant -- but the one featured on most merchandise.


On the bright side, it's not half a worm...

My brain tickles!

Green is rare, I bet purple would be ULTRA rare!!
Transform me!



Other posts with John's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Got a belly laugh from the transform!!! Thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete