Tuesday, August 2, 2016

August 2 - Rose Under Glass


"Thorns don't stop you from sniffing. Or putting them in a vase on the kitchen table. You work around them.... Cause the rose is worth it... Think what you'd miss.”

~ Charles Martin

Paul Belanger is another one of those "names I should have known".  He has been an active balloon twister for years and has even worked at the White House.  He has pictures upon pictures of amazing costumes and creations he has done at his events, oftentimes mixing his passions of riding a unicycle or walking on stilts in a balloon costume.

He taught two classes at Bling Bling Jam - one on balloon costumes, and a second showing some balloon toys of his.  Paul is made for the stage - watching him is watching an act that has been honed through years of practice and a love for performing.  His balloon toys were brilliant, and I also discovered he is the creator of this awesome tiny rose.

I had seen images of others creating this, such a nice little display.

I'm playing with colors a little bit - using opposing colors for the base.


We can't really finish the rainbow until we figure out where Indy went ... where would Indy go ...?

Since we oppose, I propose to be the rose...
... I suppose... OUCH! your on my nose!

I don't know, maybe it was the roses...
All I know I could not leave her there.



4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!! Thanks for the smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember watching someone start to build this last year but distracted myself and never got any information on where to learn it - I was so happy to have asked Paul about his DVD contents.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I prefer the rounder look of the 360 in the last image, there was less cursing involved in stuffing it as well. :)

      Delete