Tuesday, August 23, 2016

August 23 - Dolphin


Love will lead us, alright
Love will lead us, she will lead us
Can you hear the dolphin's cry?
See the road rise up to meet us
It's in the air we breathe tonight
Love will lead us, she will lead us

~ Live The Dolphin's Cry

Matt Falloon's OCD videos are the Dark Souls of balloon twisting videos to me (link).  Each begins as a seemingly impossible task, this dolphin was a brick wall for me a while ago, so I figured I would give it a go again.

When trying to learn a pattern, a balloon goes through a lot more abuse than it would typically -- personally, I over twist things, don't trim nozzles, don't tie off ends, undo/redo things to get the right sizes, and generally create a lot of friction dragging things around for attachments.  Having a central structure of something deflate as you're finishing has caused many a creative expletive to erupt from me.  But much like the video game, once you know how to defeat the boss, it becomes a simple matter of the execution of a pattern.

It took a couple attempts, but now I feel ready to move onto the next boss.  I was even able to upsize it, using a Big Bear Head in lieu of a heart.


Lundgren
Smaller snout on porpoise

I can't decide which I like more, I better flipper coin ...



Other posts with Matt's designs:


Show all

1 comment: