Wednesday, August 24, 2016

August 24 - Slimer


"That stuff went everywhere, by the way. In every crack."

Erin Gilbert (Melissa McCarthy) - Ghostbusters (2016)

I've been meaning to make Slimer for a few weeks now.

Dylan Gelinas really has some fantastic designs and his PDFs are just plain "fun" to twist with; whimsical, conversational and clear.  These big fancy balloons are really what I like to build most, and Dylan has some brilliant balloons to try and copy.

I took Slimer in to the office before I had a chance to take any real pictures, and he was so well received that he stayed at the front desk all day.  I kind of felt awkward about explaining a bizarre purple pig photo shoot to anyone who stumbled by, so I snapped these quickly as I was leaving.

Instead of remaking it, I tried downsizing to make a baby Slimer.  Predictably I struggled on spots that were originally 160's, but I bet it could clean up nicely that size on my next build now that I've played with it a few ways.

loved the new remake of the Ghostbusters movie.  I confess I was a bit skeptical when I saw the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in the trailer, thinking they were recycling the story - but it was a fantastic reboot, a shmorgasborg of shinanegans that certainly paid homage to it's predecessor.


I'm late for my job at Nickelodeon!
Sticky pistons?  How do you make those?

Yuck-toplasm!


Other posts with Dylan's designs:


Show all

2 comments: