Sunday, August 7, 2016

August 7 - JJ's R2D2


"I suggest a new strategy, Artoo: let the Wookie win."

~ C3PO

JJ Szabo was a fantastic instructor, I was glad he taught four of the sessions.  He taught (in costume) Star Wars, club wear, and naughty balloons (which I probably shouldn't show here) and superheroes in classes at Bling Bling Jam.

He creates super effective and efficient, quick line work.  Some instructors struggled with teaching to a variety of skill levels, but JJ was pro -- perhaps it's the simple effectiveness of his designs, but the whole room was twisting along with him with ease.  His classes were so great that I bought all of his DVDs (except the naughty one) even though I don't do any line work, his ideas are just that creative.  This one  is from his Space Warp'd DVD which contains 8 great Star Wars characters. Part 2 contains another 8!

This is the fourth R2 I have created for the blog at this point, and of all of them, this is probably the one that I would create if asked to.  Maybe it's the most recent and most fresh, but I really enjoy the efficient use of the tails of balloons to be both the wristband and part of the decorative blue.

Thanks JJ!


R1, R2, R4
Bleep bleep, boop, bleep, doo woo wooo.
(Do you want me to sit in the corner and rust, or just
fall apart where I'm standing?)

The benefits Artoo good to quit working at the droid factory ... 



Other posts with JJ's designs:

Other R2D2 designs:


Show all

All R2D2

1 comment: