Monday, February 17, 2020

February 17 - Microwavedcoffee


“I'm a sworn enemy of convention. I despite the conventional in anything, even the arts. I paint canvasses on the floor and drove one art teacher out of his mind. But that's just the way I paint best.”

~ Hedy Lamarr

This month I was looking for as many art styles as possible, Microwavedcoffee offered a commission that might scare some people off, you don't get to decide, just provide some sort of inspiration and get what you get - exactly what I was looking for.  The example images were a wild and colorful and abstract - it was exciting, like planting an unknown flower seed and waiting.

Microwavedcoffee has been an active artist on DeviantArt for a while with a portfolio that shows it, over 600 deviations shared with the world, I'm glad he was willing to work with me on one more.

Seriously -- how cool is this thing?!  Incredibly stylized, so colorful, really really awesome - I'm seeing this as a scene from South Park where Dr. Moreau is working on creating a hybrid frog/pig.  (... resisting the temptation to bring Miss Piggy/Kermit into this ...)

Tumblr: https://microwaved-coffee.tumblr.com/ (Most active)
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Micro_Mocha


No comments:

Post a Comment