Tuesday, February 18, 2020

February 18 - nopamoart


Despite my ghoulish reputation, I really have the heart of a small boy. I keep it in a jar on my desk.

~ Robert Bloch

nopamoart is a Fiverr graphic design artist from Indonesia, he suggested a custom badass illustration with his unique art style.  I contacted him first because his art really is on the darker side (skulls/coffins/zombies) and the pig is so ... not.

It wasn't more than a brief while when he got back to me not only with a resounding yes he could, but with some amazing initial character sketches.  So professional, I don't think he knew he was dealing with an amateur...

This was an amazing job, he made it his own and crushed it with his mighty fist.  This pig-ogre (pigre?) is incredible.  It's a boss I want to fight in a video game, and there are so many cool little details - it tells a story.  It has crusty clothes, perhaps it's not too intelligent (henchman instead of boss), but he's also wearing an ankle bracelet - a fondness for shiny objects or a clan status symbol?

I took an attempt at coloring the image, but I obviously have some things to learn - there was a color shift when I transferred the image to my desktop to post here.  I used the icon above as the base color which was blue-violet, and as you can see it's fuchia above.  Since colors seem to match when coming from this computer, I am curious as to what this will look like on that other computer now that I've redone it ..



No comments:

Post a Comment