Saturday, February 8, 2020

February 8 - Characterdesine


“Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.”

~ Pablo Picasso

Characterdesine is a freelance character artist I came across on Fiverr when searching for "character design".

... and I think he has chosen the perfect account name, this is beyond what I could imagine.  I really love everything about this image, the warped nose has a bit of a hairlip look, and the mouth being large enough to swallow you whole - it just works so well.

How does it work so well?  It violates some physical rules, but that's what I think separates the good from the great -- a great artist knows the rules and breaks them for effect.  Whether or not this is a real Picasso quote or not, the message is accurate.

This is the Big Bad Pig:
"Little Wolf, Little Wolf - let me in,
 I'll grind your bones, I'll eat your skin!
 You've huffed and you've puffed your very last breath,
 You came for my family now I come for your death."

No comments:

Post a Comment