Monday, February 24, 2020

February 24 - SamathaToneyArt


“Cookery is a wholly unselfish art: All good cooks, like all great artists, must have an audience worth cooking for.”

~ Andre Simon

SamanthaToneyArt (IG, Wix) is an up and coming artist who offered to a very appealing commission for people who "don't mind getting a piece of art that may be completely unexpected".   Perfect!

She was able to turn our pig into this brutal butcher, and the only bacon he's chopping is Kevin.

Again I have to point out the awesome expression she was able to capture, the lower lip has a bit of a worminess, the chubby folds of the neck, the blood splatters that look like finger wipes on his dirty apron -- all of this adds to a fantastically unsettling image.

But really would it be any more evil of him to eat humans than it would be for us to eat his children?  In my brain I know it would be good to be a vegetarian, but in my heart and more importantly my stomach, I eat like a ... pig.


No comments:

Post a Comment