Thursday, February 20, 2020

February 20 - onedaygm


“The difference between the quest for the Holy Grail and someone saying ‘bring me a cup’ is the flavor text and the number of stops involved.”

~ Bryan Fields, Life With a Fire-Breathing Girlfriend

Being a GM is the ultimate evolutionary form of creative storytelling in my book, you are the architect, it's part careful planning and part brilliant improvisation. Let me give a shoutout to all you GM's out there, unsung heroes working you butts off between sessions making the world more epic for sometimes only a handful of others. (Can I get a huzzah?)

By username alone - onedaygm this is an artist I would want to check out.  A professional graphic designer and full time freelance artist, he has a great sense of character design.  Much of the art he shows could easily be included in a monster manual/fiend folio as well as some campaign map designs, this is a one-stop-shop for all of your RPG needs!

I love this interpretation and the expression is fantastic - slightly insane, perhaps mischievous look in the eyes, and there is a precision in the detail on those spikes that I feel needs pointing out.  It doesn't feel hairy, they look dangerously sharp.  It wants you to tell it's story ...




No comments:

Post a Comment