Thursday, February 6, 2020

February 6 - somni-sing


Have you seen the chart?
It's a hell of a start,
It could be made into a monster,
If we all pull together as a team.

~ Pink Floyd, Have a Cigar

With a gig entitled  "Creepy Commissions", you have already piqued my interest.

"somni-sing" is actually an art duo from the United States, a visual arts graduate and freelancer that have been around for a few months now (at least in this form) on DeviantArt.  I thought the sample images were really interesting, but this blows away what I even imagined they would do.

The art style reminds me of Pink Floyd animations in The Wall (hence the quote), I could easily imagine this walking ominously towards the camera to the music, mouth widening - a bit of drool as you realize the smile is more of a hungry desire.  "Big man, pig mahannnn - ha, haaa, charade you are!"  Creepy -- 100% check!

Check out their Etsy shop here:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/SomniSingShop

The band is just fantastic, that is really what I think,
Oh, by the way, which one's "sing"?



No comments:

Post a Comment