Tuesday, July 12, 2016

July 12 - Phileas' Face Too


“Every face is born with a thousand masks to go with it.”

~ Marty Rubin

I bought both DVDs, The Face of Things to Come and The Face of Things to Come Too at the same time, both of them have a great unique balloon-cartoon style to them, but this one has a rounder shape to it.  With a more rounded face, I feel like this one is more suitable for a female - so it is what I used when building my Queen of Hearts.  (Her fingertips were left long in the photo because I wasn't sure how to pose her yet..)

OFF with their heads!!
This is also the face I used for a while as my profile picture, I've attached that as well.  It's interesting to look back at "older" pictures, I remember at the time I was just pleased with myself at being able to get it built.  But now that I look at it again, it is so sloppy!

Once again I tried to build it purple, ear positioning is so low it looks more like an ogre.  Also, the balloon colors frustrate me, I used Q260 lilac to try and match the quick-link color, but they look so different ... and Qualatex doesn't make lilac hearts, so big bright lilac nose fail as well.

Both of these face styles have a simple base structure from which you could accessorize to become a myriad of characters.


Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody ...  

My my my ogre face,
My my ogre face.

Fool of Air

Sloppy Joe profile

To air is human, to squeal porcine...


Other posts with Phileas' designs:


Show all

2 comments:

  1. Great sculptures! Got a HUGE smile out of me, thank you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This one is fun to play with, lots of smooshing parts around.

      Delete