Friday, July 22, 2016

July 22 - Biplane

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your stewardess speaking... We regret any inconvenience the sudden cabin movement might have caused, this is due to periodic air pockets we encountered, there's no reason to become alarmed, and we hope you enjoy the rest of your flight... By the way, is there anyone on board who knows how to fly a plane?

~ Airplane!

I have oftentimes confessed that I don't know my balloon history.  David Grist is man referred to with great reverence and I had no idea who he was.  So when I saw his DVDs were just recently provided as digital downloads, I figured I would give him a watch.

Wow!

I'll say it again.  Wow!

This guy was obviously a forerunner to the amazing balloons we see today.  I feel like I just learned who Bob Dylan was.

This biplane takes a decent amount of time to weave, but the results are amazing.  I only built one, but I can imagine how I would modify it to make a number of styles of planes (not just biplanes).


We have clearance, Clarence.
Roger, Roger.
What's our vector, Victor?
I am serious!  And don't call me Shirley!
The problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world.
Someday you'll understand that. Now now... Here's looking at you, kid.


3 comments:

  1. Could you clarify about Ralph Dewey passing on? I very well could be mistaken but I think you meant Ralph Dewey & Marvin Hardy and I am fairly certain the status for both of them is still among the living. Did I miss something? (I have oftentimes confessed that I don't know my balloon history.) ?????? Love the bi-plane by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man .. I really know about as much as Jon Snow. I jumble names, I confuddle what I read, I make up words to describe things. Corrections will be made when I figure out my history lesson. Sorry folks!

    ReplyDelete