Thursday, July 14, 2016

July 14 - Phileas' Children


“If you want your children to be intelligent, read them fairy tales. If you want them to be more intelligent, read them more fairy tales.”

~ Albert Einstein

Mona & Sonny are the young children that Phileas Flash teaches us on The Face of Things to Come 2 1/2.

These frumple faced children are adorable little cartoon balloons.  Once again Phileas shows us a basic form from which we could devise a myriad of face styles by adding/removing air pressure and changing the location of the various attachment points.


There is a whole lot of squishing and mooshing in order to get features aligned properly.  I will have to play around with it a bit more to get something more consistently flat - I struggled against the "oooo!" face.

The final figure on the DVD is advanced and deals with this mouth shaping problem in particular. However, I was repeatedly flinging beans, exploding balloons, and weeping quietly to myself as a tiny pinhole would develop towards the very end - so I am going to wait to try again until I have an actual need of an epic smooshy distorted face because ... *cry*



My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There's a hole inside my ear!

I kid you not - I kid, you not.

I think I might be allergic to that ... my face feels puffy


Other posts with Phileas' designs:


Show all

2 comments:

  1. I remember these and now that you mention it... . Thanks for the smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The last one with the pig is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete