Monday, July 18, 2016

July 18 - Max


“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”

~ Dean Koontz
  A Big Little Life: A Memoir of a Joyful Dog

What Linda Truscheit touches becomes latex gold. I can't say enough about how much I love her balloon creations.   They're magical, they're so well crafted and her photos are so nicely done, she in an inspiration to try harder and be better.

She posted her version of Max from The Secret Life of Pets, and it was incredible.  I made my best attempt at it, but I have some proportions off.  I had to cheat a little to get ear positioning and shape, and I made the limbs a bit small so he looks like a puppy.
A little over a week ago we were adopted by Bowie, a big needy lumbering ox of a dog, and older dog but so happy and full of play.  He's eight, has arthritis, can poop an enormous mountains - and he's doing his best to fill a Willow shaped hole in my heart.  I had a completely different idea of the dog we were looking for, he made the choice obvious for us, and we love him.

So if you're wondering who who who let the dogs out? ... it was me - but just look at that happy face.

I ate my own homework...

I'm not fat, I'm just a little Husky.



Other posts with Linda's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. You should be able to adjust the text size so I could fill this space with the word LOVE!!! Thanks for everything!! Woof, woof slurp to Bowie!!!

    ReplyDelete