Wednesday, July 6, 2016

July 6 - Patrick's Bears


It's hard to explain how a few precious things
Seem to follow throughout all our lives
After all's said and done I was watching my son
Sleeping there with my bear by his side
So I tucked him in, I kissed him and as I was going
I swear that the old bear whispered "Boy welcome home".
~ Kenny Loggins Pooh Corner (link)

I'm a bit misty eyed after that quote. I have sung that song so many times for my boys when they were toddlers and I don't think I've ever made it through that verse without my voice breaking a little. Back to the days of Christopher Robin and Pooooooooh.

Once again I feel like I need to point out how simple and elegant the forms are that Patrick Van de Ven creates.  This is probably one of the easiest bears I've built to date and yet it has so much personality, I can imagine these guys lumbering through a forest.

We watched The Revenant recently, so actually imagining them lumbering through the forest is a little scary.  That movie really captured the potential brutality a bear attack!

... a group of bears is called?   A sloth.
... a group of sloths is called?  A bed.
... a group of beds is called?  A dormitory.
... a group of bares in a dormitory?  Freshman year ... awwww yeahhhhhhhh.



Panda bear
Tan (duh) bear

We're making porridge, and I know how to make it juuuuust right.  





Other posts with Patrick's designs:


Show all

2 comments:

  1. Got a HUGE smile out of me!!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your tips! -- I LOVE this bear!

      Delete