Saturday, July 23, 2016

July 23 - Cinderella


Salaga-doola, menchika-boola, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.
Put them together, and what have you got?
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.
Salaga-doola, menchika-boola, Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.
It will do magic, believe it or not,
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo.
Now, "Salagadoola" means, "A-Menchika-boola-roo,"
but the the thingamabob, that does the job,
is "Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo."

~ Fairy Godmother

This time I did some proper research.  Cinderella is the princess that saved Disney.

The company was millions of dollars in debt, if this movie had been a flop they would have gone out of business and how different would the world be today?! It was their biggest hit in 13 years.  It allowed them to create their own distribution company instead of using RKO, finance their next several films, launch a successful television production and build the Disneyland theme park.

No wonder her castle is the iconic symbol of Disney!

Some other interested facts I discovered when reading about her history -- Cinderella has a bunch of European versions, but the one Walt chose originates as a French fable, which is why you can see her topiary at the Epcot French Pavillion. Her name is based on the French word Centrillon, or "little ash girl" - and at 19 she is the oldest Disney princess.  ... wait what?  ..

Once again, the doll and the wrist wearable are from the Cutie Doll series from Shana Brenion. Truthfully those two were built much earlier this year, but I'm trying to make up some time since I'll be out of town to the Bling Bling Jam for a number of days.  I rebuilt a princess version for this post using the princess design that Nathalie, Miss Ballooniverse, shows us on Tony Twists Real World WOW DVD #1.  I went a little wild with the hair, but I think it ended up nicely messy.

After midnight I turn into a rubber band

"A dream is a wish your heart makes."
Apparently my heart wishes I at school about about to take a test I haven't studied for, and I've forgotten to wear pants.

Me and the fellas are auditioning for the bibbidy crew.



Other posts with Shana's designs:

Other Tony designs:



1 comment: