Saturday, July 2, 2016

July 2 - The Tick


You know, Arthur, it's really been quite a day. On the outside, oh, sure, we were pursued by Swiss Industrial Spies, trapped in the belly of a whale. But what really pursued us? Where were we really trapped? C'mon, Arthur. Get meta with me. What pursued us were our own obsessions. I'm good, you're evil. I'm a superhero, you're a sidekick. I'm a woman, you're a man. What does it all mean? Nothing. And where were we all trapped? I'll tell you where, Arthur. In the belly of Love - Love, Chum, Love.
~ The Tick

Da Dweeee Da da da dwEEE dow!

The Tick is the fourth superhero from Ken Stillman's SuperHeroes Team 1 DVD.  The hero form is not too different from the others with the exception of the antennae.  It's hard to imagine a DVD this awesome is over 10 years old, but this design does show it somewhat in that Ken has to make due with using rounds instead of hearts to get the colors he wants.

I love the Tick.  Simple-minded innocence in the pursuit of justice and nigh indestructible.  Since I didn't collect the comic, I only read those that I came across - I mainly watched the cartoon and tv shows.  It sounds like a worthy task, to go back and read all the comics in continuity order.

I wanted to try my hand at building something new using Ken's technique, and the obvious choice was Tick's trusty yet pudgy sidekick Arthur.  There are a couple things I'd change, but for a first try I'm really really pleased.


Well chum?  Are you ready to pound
two fisted justice into the hearts of
evildoers?

I'm not just a pudgy sidekick, I also pay the rent
on my ap.. on our secret headquarters.
I hope Tick realizes he can use the door...

Justice makes it's own doors, chum! Spooooooon!

Other posts with Ken's designs:


Show all

2 comments:

  1. Incredible!!! Got a HUGE smile outta me! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the super heroes!!!

    ReplyDelete