Saturday, July 9, 2016

July 9 - Mini Heart


“The heart of a fool is in his mouth, but the mouth of a wise man is in his heart.”

~ Benjamin Franklin

Antonio Bécares Rodríguez is able to do some amazing things with his balloon creations.

He is a wizard at developing new techniques, he has a DVD dedicated to the "pinch line" technique, and though I didn't attend the Twist & Shout convention, I saw images of some mind boggling spiral twisted balloons from a class he taught there.

I've already mentioned the neat trick he included with the helicopter design to make the propeller spin, this balloon is exploring a technique of his for creating miniature hearts out of twister balloons.  There are bigger hearts available to for purchase, and it's possible to puff inflate those for use in some situations, but these will last much longer and stand up to a good bit of abuse.  Perfect for putting on a ring.  I found the best results from 260's, but tried each size balloon to help learn the technique.


'Cause if you liked it, then you shoulda put a ring on it!
Just look casual!    Your on my hair!    Cheese!
I'm going to throw my hat into the ring ... scratch that ... reverse it.




Other posts with Antonio's designs:


Show all

1 comment: