Wednesday, July 27, 2016

July 27 - Princess Aurora



For night's swift dragons cut the clouds full fast,
And yonder shines Aurora's harbinger;
At whose approach ghosts,
wandering here and there,
Troop home to churchyards.
   ~ William Shakespeare
    A Midsummer Night's Dream

Princess Aurora is Briar Rose's evolved form.  Shown here as another cutie doll and wrist wearable by the amazing Shana Brenion.

Princess Aurora is probably the least known of the Disney princesses.  Everyone knows her by the name of the movie, Sleeping Beauty.  That must get frustrating ... like George Takei being called "Sulu" everywhere he goes.  It also must be tough to get a good night's sleep without someone trying to wake you with a sloppy kiss (again, much like George Takei.).

The doll and disembodied head were again built earlier in a flurry of cutie doll practice earlier.  I tried recreating Aurora using a basic princess design for this post.  The skirt area is based on a quick princess design Dustin Query showed in a webinar - I toyed around with a couple different ways of putting the chest area together using my notes from that webinar, but ended up making way too bulky of a midsection and weird skinny arms (like William Shatner).

I also tried using the cutie head style for the body, the hair looks off.  I think I prefer the vertical princess face style I used on Cinderella on a taller body like this.

My name is not Sleeping!

Going through her awkward phase...
I'm AWAKE!  Sheesh...






Other posts with Shana's designs:

Other Disney designs:


Show all

All Disney

1 comment: