Wednesday, July 20, 2016

July 20 - Narwahl



Michael Floyd is one of the most prolific YouTube balloon artists in the balloon community. He owns the domain name for balloon-animals.com, he has over 300 videos at this point and 100,000 subscribers I heard just recently.

"Pull it, pinch it, twist it!"  If you've ever seen any of his videos, you probably just read that in his voice.  Michael Floyd has contributed such an enormous amount to my balloon education that I feel some shame in this being the first of his designs I have shown here.

In this video, Michael demonstrates an awesome technique to make a neat twisty horn, perfect for a narwhal or a unicorn or some sort of antelope.  I've seen people get amazingly tight spirals, and I know I could use a lot more practice.  

If anyone is wondering, that horn is actually not a horn at all, it's a tooth.  A big goofy tooth.

Swimming in the ocean, causing a commotion!

Despite the ... it's horned whale, not horny. 
It's midnight, time to bacon.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to watch that video the other day but had to do something and forgot. Thanks for the reminder!! I love Michael Floyd!! Great job as usual, love reading these every morning!

    ReplyDelete