Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 22 - RolyPoly Bunny



Lennie smiled with this bruised mouth. "I didn't want no trouble," he said. He walked toward the door, but just before he came to it, he turned back. "George?"
"What you want?"
"I can still tend the rabbits, George?"
"Sure. You ain't done nothing wrong."
"I di'n't mean no harm, George."


This design uses a concept published by Dan Staples recently using Big Bear Head balloons.  BBH balloons are shaped like a Mickey Mouse head with a balloon underneath, 4 large round chambers.  Like Geos - there are a lot of not-so-obvious uses for them.

I personally don't particularly care for the BBH "character" designs so much, because of their size they tend to be ... Simple?  Bulbous?  I've seen them used very well in some decor - I think Dan hit on a simple brilliant use by drawing them in and taking advantage of the pudginess.  


George & Lennie Rabbit





6 comments:

  1. That quote always gets to me. Your skills with a sharpie(?) are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard for me to look at these zoomed because I see the spots where I went outside the line, my hand wobbled, weird thickness, etc -- but the small images do look pretty good. :)

      Delete
  2. Great artwork on the face!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's really the artwork that makes it for these plain shapes, I mostly copied what Dan showed for his mouse.

      Delete
  3. My favorite book... :*

    ReplyDelete