Tuesday, March 29, 2016

March 29 - Pirate Ship



"I'm sailing away, set an open course for the virgin sea
I've got to be free, free to face the life that's ahead of me
On board, I'm the captain, so climb aboard
We'll search for tomorrow on every shore
And I'll try, oh Lord, I'll try to carry on"
  ~ Styx  - Come Sail Away



This pirate ship was designed by Pieter van Engen and released in issue #77 of Balloon Magic magazine.  The cover of this magazine has an amazing huge pirate ship that I keep meaning to attempt when I get the time, this is his quick version.

Unfortunately I didn't have a pirate face print for the back end to finish it off.

I thought it could be used for a quick spaceship - not quite happy with how things turned out, it looks less like an alien craft and more like an alien "probe".




Able to get from Uranus to Uranus faster than you can say,
"Did he just say...?"

They were on sail, so I got two ...

Other posts with Pieter's designs:


Show all

2 comments: