Monday, March 7, 2016

March 7 - Bunny

Little Nutbrown Hare

"Oh, that's far," said Big Nutbrown Hare.  

"That's very far."  Big Nutbrown Hare settled Little Nutbrown Hare into his bed of leaves.

Then he lay down close by and whispered with a smile, "I love you right up to the moon - and back."
   ~ Sam McBratney (Guess How Much I Love You)


I must have read this book over a hundred times, but I see that quote and all I want to do is get my big giant boys, and convince them to let me read it to them again.  I'm not sure I ever got through it withing my voice breaking.   I once tried to tell my co-workers about what a great book it was that they should read to their kids.  I think I got about 3 words past "Nutbrown Hare" before everything turned stupid.

These bunnies are a design by Rob Balchunas shown in Balloon Magic Magazine #78.    I love the Hello Kitty/chubby face look to these.  I actually didn't get the legs right until the mocha version, which was the last I built - you can see how that one is hunched over nicely by comparison.





If you're hoppy and you know it, give an snort!

Other posts with Rob's designs:





Show all



4 comments:

  1. I love you Mason right up to the moon and back (with a few stops along the way)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Up to the sky, around the world, to infinity and back again. :c* <3

      Delete