Friday, March 25, 2016

March 25 - Peter Cottontail



   "Once upon a time there were four little
    Rabbits, and their names were--Flopsy,
    Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter."
              ~ Beatrix Potter

I am slightly confused by this quote -- I always thought Peter's full name was Peter Cottontail? ... and if so wouldn't that make his brother Cottontail Cottontail?

ChangSunny shared her design for Peter Cottontail with us on her YouTube channel.  Though simple in form, I feel like it's instantly recognizable to anyone of my generation or older ... I'm not sure if Beatrix Potter gets much play with the youth of today.

I tried making a smaller version as well, but the nose seems a bit off to me, maybe too large.



Peter Kangaroo

"Headed to Mr. McGregors garden!"

3 comments:

  1. never thought about that....think i'll research it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here lies the full explanation:

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Cottontail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great balloon and thank you Mary for the info!

    ReplyDelete