Tuesday, April 12, 2016

April 12 - Gabrielle's Horse



I thought I would try something different in lieu of a quote today, please enjoy "конь" - a Russian folk song. (Translation: horse)

Gabrielle Hodge showed us how to make this horse in our recent webinar. I'm still not content with how far up I was able to get matching sidewall bubbles, the legs have bigger shoulders than I would prefer.  It still works well, even though it's a bit cartoonish - I fell in love with the design once I started thinking of the prancing horse from that bugs bunny opera.  Let me find an image ... :

The face, in my opinion, is the sexy bit to this design, hearts give really chubby jowl cheeks, and this same facial structure could become a squirrel head by changing a couple colors.    Add another sidewall bubble to the outer cheek and you could make the classic triangular /_|_\ face structure with pudge bubble cheeks and easy connection points for the ears .. call that the Hodge Effect, she gets you thinking about using hearts in ways you haven't before. <3 <3 <3  .. The Queen of Hearts!

Now you should also see why I'm such a fan of Steve Klein's webinars - you never know what you have signed up for on a given night, but that is part of the fun, it's almost always great, and sometimes pure gold.  We learned 3(!!) things from Gabrielle in that hour, the bug, mermaid and this horse, all with her distinct flair. Yes I wish there was better technology, yes it's hard to follow along sometimes, and yes I wish there was a way to access the archives, but the content given the meager cost - GOLD I say.






Me?  Stirrup trouble?  ... Neigh.

Other posts with Gabrielle's designs:


Show all



2 comments:

  1. Started listing the things I like about this one and it's easier to say it's WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Helen! This blog just keeps getting better....now with a video. You are such a clever wonderful young man and I'm so proud to call you my son. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete