Friday, April 29, 2016

April 29 - Hot Air Balloon


Smooching puff ball clouds
As the world diminishes
High up in the blue
 ~ Ginz & Tonic

Dave Hughens is a good sport, the type of guy who would wear a giant balloon costume while directing school traffic to help bring attention and sell tickets to an event ... and so he does.  My Devin, if you will.

We have a 7-wonders-of-the-world "Tent Event" going on, I had no idea what to build as a wearable something in that theme, so in the end I went with a hot air balloon in an attempt to capture an "Around The World In 80 Days" vibe.

As it ends up, the only 3' balloons I had were giant pink and a giant happy face.  It needs something more "balloonish", it looks a bit like a princess carriage to me, I didn't use helium since it was going to be used so briefly - and that made me have to account for supporting that giant balloon from flopping everywhere.  The next hot air balloon I build I might just go ahead and weave the entire thing so I can have some control (or use helium).

"Around the World in 80 Daves"

3 comments:

  1. Hot air never looked so good. Tell folks it's also for cancer awareness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! - someone said it looked like a giant boob. Which is mean, he probably feels awkward enough wearing a balloon. :)

      Delete
  2. use another color besides pink and it won't look like a boob.

    ReplyDelete