Friday, April 22, 2016

April 22 - Geo Turtle

Gorbachev
"See the TURTLE of enormous girth!
On his shell he holds the earth.
His thought is slow but always kind;
He holds us all within his mind.
On his back all vows are made;
He sees the truth but mayn't aid.
He loves the land and loves the sea,
And even loves a child like me."
~ Roland - the Dark Tower (Stephen King)


I loved the Dark Tower series ...

The first books were so brilliant in creating a haunting decaying fantastic world, and it was such amazing journey we all went on. I'm recall the last book leaving a bit of a sour taste, but I'm not sure if that was just my own fuss at wanting it to go on and be something more. This is probably something good to reread in it's entirety now that the series is complete.

Matt Falloon's flower bud concept works perfect for a turtle!  I love the look of this turtle, it's very simple, but it has a nice domed back and I've seen pictures of it looking fantastic huge.  And as always he shows some really cool yet simple artwork to go along with it.


Can you sneak me into Disney?

>click< See?  I can pass for a turtle!
I didn't really take that many pictures, so this is pretty much the last of my Disney phantom balloonist adventure - I will say that that in the end I thought the best time to leave these balloons wasn't when people were going out, but when people were coming back from the parks or the fireworks - so about 9pm when everything was exploding outside at Epcot, I would ride the elevators and place what I made after my sessions that day on random floors.  It also had the added benefit as I didn't have anyone asking me why I had an armful of balloons. :)


Getting ready for a phantom ballooning!

Outside one of the elevator floors



Other posts with Matt's designs:


Show all

1 comment:

  1. Lessons learned for the next stealth adventure! Loved both the critters.

    ReplyDelete