Wednesday, March 22, 2017

March 22 - Wittle Walrus


"The time has come," the Walrus said,
"To talk of many things:
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
Of cabbages--and kings--
And why the sea is boiling hot--
And whether pigs have wings."

~ Lewis Carroll The Walrus and The Carpenter

I thought a walrus might be a fun thing to attempt with Matt Falloon's Pico concept (link).

It took a few attempts to get it small enough for me to consider it Pico, perhaps it's still Nano or Micro - but it's as small as I can get it without compromising more of the body. I like the smooshy shape of the muzzle in the final (mocha) form.

I do like the dark brown one a lot, and think the form might be well suited for a bigger sculpture.  I gave up the poofy chest and weave to make it smaller -  but I think I might be able to keep the poofy chest with a thin squishy balloon.  Also it might look good with a blush/peach-blush muzzle.




Other Picos:


Show all

1 comment: