Thursday, March 2, 2017

March 2 - Rolly Pollie Hamster


I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

~ French Guard Monty Python and the Holy Grail

My goal of this year's balloon experiment is to try and spend as much time "off grid" as possible, using a technique to create something else. But these Pollies are such great practice I'm going to keep on task. Plus I've been feeling a little ill - and they are quick easy builds. In fact, I have a bottle of "Wal-Flu" next to me that I'll be taking as soon as I finish writing this.

This hamster design is the next in the Dan Staples and Lindsey Foster Rolly Pollie collaboration, and now that I've watched a majority of the videos I can say it was a great idea to work together. Dan focuses on design, showing not only ways to make other sizes and styles (mini pollies!) but also include advanced design techniques. Lindsey focuses on art, but adds a special something to each of the designs she explores as well, giving not only deluxe faces but also showing quicker line-work versions for when you are busy. This hamster on a wheel is a perfect example of that.






Other posts with the Dan's Rolly Pollies:


Show all

1 comment: