Thursday, March 9, 2017

March 9 - Rolly Pollie Pigs


Always remember, a cat looks down on man, a dog looks up to man, but a pig will look man right in the eye and see his equal.

~ Winston Churchill

Alas, we have reached the end of the smorgasbord that was Rolly Pollies (for now). Dan Staples has a fantastic concept, great for line work and probably the best thing ever to practice your artwork on. Yes, you do need to have the Big Bear Heads - but it's worth it in my humble opinion. They are an unusual shape and entertaining, and you get a nice big fat body to work with.

I still want to explore long neck creatures and hunchback humans, so perhaps I might revisit these in the future, but I've already overrun my week - so that means it's time for the purple pig attempt. There was a pig design shared in the first downloadable, in Rolly Pollies 2, Lindsey showed how to "Pookify" this face to cute.

I used her eyes, but I wanted to play around with adding a raisin to the front lobe. It worked out pretty easily, I always had plenty of room.






Other posts with the Dan's Rolly Pollies:


Show all


1 comment: