Friday, March 31, 2017

March 31 - Jerry Garcia


Must be getting early, clocks are running late.
Paint by number morning sky, looks so phony.
Dawn is breaking everywhere,
Light a candle, curse the glare
Draw the curtains I don't care 'cause it's alright
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

I see you've got your fists out, say your piece and get out.
Guess I get the gist of it but it's alright
Sorry that you feel that way.
The only thing there is to say
Every silver lining's got a touch of grey
I will get by, I will get by, I will get by, I will survive.

~ Grateful Dead   Touch of Grey

This one uses some of the enhancements Patrick Van de Ven shows in his Little Guys balloon concept.  I like using legs, it keeps them less chubby and cartoonish.

I had to build this twice actually, the first one developed a slow leak in the shirt - the sharpie work re-liquified and it got really messy.

One of my earlier hobbies was collecting live recordings (my old trade site is now only visible in the wayback machine).  I probably have hundreds of Grateful Dead recordings, and although I have listened to them "live" so many times I sadly never got a chance to see them perform live.







Other Little Guys:


Show all

1 comment: