Wednesday, March 8, 2017

March 8 - Rolly Pollie Extras


However much you know giraffes, to see one in the wild for the first time feels prehistoric.

~ Jane Goodall

Just a couple more to explore with Dan Staples Rolly Pollie balloon concept.

It's very easy to use the regular balloons from my pile of extras - but difficult to remember/use the random shapes/prints, so it was great to pull aside all these remaining Big Bear Heads to try and make "something" with. The process was simply - grab color and decide what to make.

Blue was probably the toughest color. Having already built an elephant, I thought I might try for a whale by turning it on it's side and making fins - but imagined it would look very similar to the quad bod fishes I had already done. A hippo would have worked, but been mostly artwork ... In the end I'm glad I went with the bulky man body, I think it might be fun to spend some time coming up with good variations on that.

After bringing in some Pollies to the office earlier this week, someone suggested a giraffe in honor of April the Giraffe (link). Challenge accepted. Once again I think it might be neat to spend some time on building "neck" variations.

The Chicago Bull and the little devil are more in line with the classic form.







Other posts with the Dan's Rolly Pollies:


Show all


1 comment: