Wednesday, March 29, 2017

March 29 - Little Guy Kids


“When my kids become wild and unruly, I use a nice safe playpen. When they’re finished, I climb out.”

~ Erma Bombeck

There have been so many balloon concepts released recently that I feel like the balloon equivalent of a kid in a candy store. Which I suppose is really just a kid in a balloon store. I was going to try and keep myself to two a month, but I can't resist starting on these.

Patrick Van de Ven has released a number of fantastic tutorials on specific creations, but this "Little Guy" is the first concept tutorial he has shared. All of Patrick's PDFs have been top notch, and this is no exception to that rule. He explains very clearly with many images how to implement the basic concept as well as many ways to expand upon it. One of the things I really enjoy about this set of instructions is that he doesn't overdo it as some tutorials do, re-explaining the concept as he makes some minor adjustments. He leaves the work up to you by showing a bunch of his other creations with just a list of the differences he uses when building them.

As with the other balloon concepts I've played with this year, I'm going to start down the runway building a few from his directions before try and take off. His cast of characters are really good, so I might need to exercise some restraint to do that. These two are the basic boy and girl forms from the instructions.






Other posts with Patrick's designs:


Show all

1 comment: