Saturday, March 4, 2017

March 4 - Rolly Pollie Elephant


On the fifteenth of May, in the jungle of Nool,
In the heat of the day, in the cool of the pool,
He was splashing…enjoying the jungle’s great joys…
When Horton the elephant heard a small noise.

~ Dr. Seuss Horton Hears a Who

Now that I've watched all the videos in Dan Staples' new Rolly Pollies 2 download (link), I wanted to try building one that wasn't on the list.  An elephant was the first thing that came to mind and got me wondering how I would attach the trunk.

My first attempt at a regular sized trunk looked terrible, so I scrapped it immediately. I imagine a grey 321 might work pretty well if they were available, but going with a thinner trunk was the only option really.

I first built the one with the thinner ears, and then the "Horton".




... after all, a person's a person, no matter how small!


Other posts with the Dan's Rolly Pollies:


Show all


1 comment: