Saturday, March 25, 2017

March 25 - Pico Purple Pig


We would zig-zag our way
Through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame

And watching ... For pigs on the wing

~ Pink Floyd Pigs on the Wing I

Here is the final entry exploring Matt Falloon's Pico concept. The DVD (link) was well worth it, I'm glad I got a chance to play with the idea - Matt has a next level approach to things that is inspiring. I can't wait to see what he comes up with next.

Every balloon concept I explore this year needs it's purple pig entry, so here is Pico Purple. It took a few tries to get something I was satisfied with. First I tried with nostrils in the nose, but that elongated the face too much. I then had a couple attempts similar to the fat faced pig, but I realized he still needed some sort of muzzle. I finally settled on what you see in the upper picture and made a purple version of that. I think the blush ended up the better of the two.






Other Picos:


Show all

1 comment: