Tuesday, March 28, 2017

March 28 - Playful Kitty


“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

~ Robert A. Heinlein

This kitty is an Anastasya Sokol design from her "Figures from balloons for modeling" tutorials (link).  I can't get enough of these tutorials, one of my favorite things to build are detailed or creative decor pieces like these.  I've built a bunch of cats, but never a calico (?) not one as playful as this one, having it on it's back and playing with a ball of yarn was brilliant.

I've only built four (of nineteen total) from this particular set, but I can easily see myself building all of them.  Each is very well stylized.  In this one, Anastasya seemed to be measuring things very carefully against a ruler, but she shows everything quite clearly and I was able to eyeball match the sizes and keep up with her.

I brought this in to work today.





Other posts with Anastasya's designs:


Show all






1 comment:

  1. That is another heart melter. Thanks for a loving start to my day!

    ReplyDelete