Wednesday, May 17, 2017

May 17 - Blasted Frogs


Yeah, well, I've got a dream too. But it's about singing and dancing and making people happy. That's the kind of dream that gets better the more people you share it with. And, well, I've found a whole bunch of friends who have the same dream. And, well, it kind of makes us like a family.

~ Kermit The Muppet Movie

I was gifted with a couple bags of geos (and various other things) from a friend a while back that have been sitting by my desk for a few months now.  They are from an older batch, 2010 if I am reading the markings on the label correctly, so I was hesitant to incorporate them into my kit directly and despite any best intentions, I wasn't getting around to use them casually, so I am forcing the situation by using them directly.

This got me thinking of an old Balloon Blast Show episode where Matt Falloon taught a distortion frog with the green geos (link).   I re-watched his version, and then played around.  I didn't notice any problems I would attribute to deterioration.  I popped a few accidentally, but I'm stressing the balloon as I stretch and distort.

The frog evolved as I played and I ended up adding a belly and changing the feet.   I played around with different sizes of his features and various facial expressions, but I'm not sure I would call any one of them the "best".  That's why I include some extra pictures this time.








Other designs by or inspired by Matt:

Show all

1 comment:

  1. Got a HUGE smile outta me!!!!!!!!
    PS loaded chrome and I can post as me again!

    ReplyDelete