Thursday, May 25, 2017

May 25 - Spaceships


I am Groot.

~ Groot

Pascal Grooten is a daunting balloon artist to try and emulate.  I think I have just about every balloon image he has ever published in an inspiration folder.  His designs are pure art, unique and imaginative, latex poetry if you will.  If you attempt to copy it and don't do it well, it just becomes bad poetry.

These designs are copied or derivative of his line of spacecraft, and since the main form for the smaller craft is a geo - a perfect thing for this month's creativity challenge.

My goal was to try channeling the style rather than just copying the designs directly, but my first two at least ended up being bad poetry.  Pascal uses a lot of advanced techniques to get unique shapes and accessorize his creations.   Today was pretty busy and the daily deadline approaches - so after building a couple to get used to the process, I did my best to copy his air scooter (above) and space age (in yellow) designs.





Other Pascal designs:



Other geo designs:

Show all

1 comment: