Monday, May 22, 2017

May 22 - Geo Troll


Sandra’s seen a leprechaun,
Eddie touched a troll,
Laurie danced with witches once,
Charlie found some goblins gold.
Donald heard a mermaid sing,
Susy spied an elf,
But all the magic I have known
I've had to make myself.”
~ Shel Silverstein - Magic

I'm continuing my journey of playing with the multitude of ways you can use a geo balloon when I saw something that looked like a face, so I wandered down that road for a bit.  The basic shape is very close to the starter form in the geo frog/dinosaur flipped upside down.

I started with the toothless one below, and decided he needed to look angrier, so I built a few more with different teeth ideas.

I felt it needed more shape to the face and tried a couple ways to add a nose.  Using a sidewall bubble (which I had to use a sturdier color for after a couple emerald pops) changed the mouth into an OOO shape, which actually might work really well for a toothless little old man.  Using a raisin to attach an eyes/nose structure kept the face shape fairly well.  I added tusks.


This was all pretty much "free play" experimentation and it could probably have used a final form build, but I didn't start with any set of goal in mind.  I like the additional nose though I would put the raisin further down the face to make room for angry eyebrows.  I had an earlier version with longer tusks that I liked better as well - and I think the big foot body (similar to a Jeffrey Hayes monster body) works best.    





Other posts specifying geos:

Show all


1 comment: