Saturday, May 20, 2017

May 20 - Geo Babies


Sometimes the littlest things take up the most room in your heart.

~ Winnie the Pooh

I was browsing images in the balloon forums recently when I stumbled across some images posted by ‎Rosaleen Burkholder.  Probably because of this recent geo-playing I've been doing, I recognized them as inverted geos.

Rosaleen does a great job at making these into cute little quick creations, yet they are probably the easiest balloon I've ever made, there is not one twist!  Yet still, being a geo it has an interesting abnormal shape, and the ears add to the effect. The only bit of struggle is that it's more difficult to draw on such an under-filled balloon as it tends to move with the sharpie.

Rosaleen credits Jeanine Von Essen Sharpen.  I have used a couple of her designs on this site already (link), so I did a little digging through her photo archives.  These are attributed to a mini-jam in San Jose around November 2012.  Jeanine does sell some PDFs on her website (link) but it's a bit hard to tell if these are currently part of any collection.

I'm now down to the last few of these extra green (and I still have bags of emerald green and whites!).  I guess I sort of stumbled into "geos" being the second balloon concept for May - I will need to go back through time and see if I can correctly label any previous geo based creations.  Though it's not a concept in itself, the unique balloon shape really gives an interesting workspace to create with.






Other posts specifying geos:

Show all

1 comment: