Thursday, May 11, 2017

May 11 - Poppy


Trolls in the dark
The dawn took them all
Caught in the wood
By the wooden kings' men

~ Blind Guardian The Bard's Song: The Hobbit

These are my attempts at Poppy using the Shana Brenion cutie dolls balloon concept.

Trolls is another movie that I haven't gotten around to seeing yet, but the characters are so distinctive I thought Poppy would make a good candidate.

I've made Poppy a couple times already, so I used a similar hair style, and even though I made two versions, they ended up quite similar to each other.  This got me thinking about how easily things map between balloon concepts.  Once you have a base, you are merely adding accessories to give detail to the form - in this case it is the hair and headband.  Provided you have similar anchor points the base is almost interchangeable.





Pigsqueak -- yes it's a thing!


Other Cutie Dolls:

Show all



1 comment: