Monday, May 8, 2017

May 8 - Poodle Skirt Girls


Flat top cats and the dungaree dolls
Are headed for the gym to the sock hop ball
The joint is really jumping
The cats are going wild
The music really sends me
I dig that crazy style 'cause

~ Elvis Presley Ready Teddy

When I thought to make these poodle skirt gals, the first thing that popped into my head was my cousin, whom I have always known as Aunt "Poodle" Lynn.  So named because of her pet care service in San Francisco, The Royal Bark and Meow.  She owns a few poodles herself; Moe, Maya and Mika - and boards a number of others.  If you ever get a ride with her, expect to be picked up in a car filled with 4-5 dogs at least.  She has an amazing Dr. Doolittle way with them, they just "understand" and acknowledge her as pack leader.  Love you Aunt Lynn!

These use Shana Brenion's Cutie Doll form, and is very similar to some of the standard princesses, with the addition of a belt and sashes.  It was good practice for drawing faces and making eyes, but I might have gone a little too slanted on the pink - the almost look like horn rimmed glasses!







Other Cutie Dolls:


Show all


1 comment: