Monday, May 15, 2017

May 15 - Scooby-Doo


Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
We got some work to do now.
Scooby-Dooby-Doo, Where Are You?
We need some help from you now.

Come on Scooby-Doo, I see you...
{retending you got a sliver
But you're not fooling me, cause I can see,
The way you shake and shiver.

~ Scoobie Doo Opening Theme

Zoiks!

This Scoobie Doo was a request for someone who works at Starbucks.  I dropped it off a couple weeks ago but was in the midst of my cutie doll project so posting it got put on hold.

The model is based on a couple images that I saw on the balloon forums posted by Lisa Oakley, I have a number of her images saved to my inspiration folders for later.   Lisa (aka Ditzy Doodles) is an extremely talented face painter and balloon artist based in the UK and her version is much better than mine.  I feel like I was able to copy the face fairly well, but the toes on the feet are looking wonky to me and now that's all I see ...

This is one of the things I really enjoy about the balloon community, there are so many resources for you to pick through.  I was in a rush when building this and didn't have time to build multiple versions as I figured out proportions, thanks to Lisa I was able to just that.







2 comments: