Wednesday, May 10, 2017

May 10 - Miss Piggy



I was a bit worried and thought this might be the first time I break my rule of making a purple pig with each of the balloon concepts.   Shana Brenion's cutie dolls are a fantastic balloon concept for making females, but I struggled with how I was going to make it a pig.

I was driving when I got the idea of building Miss Piggy and couldn't wait to get home and try - I'm a huge Muppet Show fan. I remember watching new episodes as a child, I must have seen the original Muppet Movie well over 20 times and still get choked up at points (Kermit musing in the desert or his speech to Doc Hopper at the end just got me again).  I got lost in a long YouTube search when looking for the right clip to post above - there are so many great memories, I really wish "The Muppets" recent TV series captured some of that original charm.

This design was easier than I imagined, it really only uses the basic princess form with the addition of ears and some pen work.







Other Cutie Dolls:


Show all



1 comment: