Thursday, May 4, 2017

May 4 - Queen Amidala


It is clear to me now that the Republic no longer functions. I pray you will bring sanity and compassion back to the Senate.

~ Queen Amidala The Phantom Menace

Happy Star Wars Day!

The first few times you heard it, it was clever and perhaps amusing - but now that Star Wars has become so universally embraced, (see what I did there?) I expect today to be completely overrun with May the 4th "humor". So instead I'll just say "I've got a bad feeling about this".

I'm a big Star Wars fan, I've copped in earlier posts to the amount of books in the series I've read, and I've also lamented on Disney's rejection of all written material from the canon when they purchased the rights (link). It really hit home recently when I was in a book store and grabbed a recent book (Rebel Rising?).  Typically in the first few pages would be a large detailed timeline showing where the book fits within in the universe among all the other books and series. This time the list was so small I almost missed it ...

So happy there are new movies, so sad they won't be telling the epic stories from the original canon.

Since I'm working with Shana Brenion's cutie doll concept (link), I first thought to make Princess Leia for today.  It seemed a little tame - so here is Queen Amidala.






Other Cutie Dolls:


Show all


1 comment: