Sunday, May 14, 2017

May 14 - Angel & Devil Cuties


And she spoke again saying
"Know, my child,
That there is no devil seekin'
To cause guilt in the hearts to men.

No evil, save blind faith, ignorance,
And the desire for the unprepared
To blame others for the devastation
Left in the wake of change

~ Puscifer Sour Grapes

This is another one that I couldn't wait to build once the idea hit me.  The idea that Purple would be waffling over the tragedy of passing or purchasing low priced bacon ...

I have been attempting to force myself to keep to a two week maximum when exploring these various balloon concepts, so this will be the last (as always "for now") of Shana Brenion's cutie dolls here. As with the other balloon concepts, I have really only scratched the surface with the things you could do with this with only slight modifications.

It actually would probably do me well to try for another two weeks - I've been purposefully studying creativity recently as I've been lucky enough to participate in a trial run of Scott Tripp's Creativity Blaster course. It's helped me realize that creativity is like a muscle - you can't learn by watching, you have to actively practice. When I'm in a comfortable place of recreating a design by someone else, my brain is off, I'm thinking mathematically and at most I'm wondering how I might stage the purple pig photo.  When I have exhausted those designs and force myself to make something else, it's much more exciting and fulfilling.  It's also extremely frustrating at times .. but it's worth the effort, worth the exercise.

These cutie dolls have been great exercise.

Thanks Shana!





Other Cutie Dolls:

Show all




1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! There is a quote from Charles Kingsley, "We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements in life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."

    ReplyDelete