Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 30 - Wearables Grab Bag

Ready to form Voltron. Activate interlock.
Dynotherms - connected. Infracells - up.
Megathrusters are go! All form Voltron!
Let's go Voltron Force!

It's the end of April - already a third of the way through the year, I figure it's about time for some spring cleaning.  Every so often I will build something that for some reason or another just doesn't work for it's own blog post.

But together they form into mecha-blog post, capable of restoring peace to the galaxy and defending the Earth against King Zarkon's evil droid armies.



These first two are Jeff Hayes designs from his Seriously Out There DVD.  The brain in a jar is something he taught us as well in a webinar.

I really have no idea what to do with headbands...




This Flower Pot Hairband was taught by David Brenion is Balloon Magic #78.

So. Random.

This actually could have been a pretty cool post if I had put the effort into making a whole bunch of these and played around with varying the petal colors, but with the flowers being in their own vases it just seemed like a bunch of busy work rather than something exciting to do ...

... and I have no idea what to do with headbands...









Ryan Lavallee showed us how to make a Pac Man bracelet in Balloon Blast Show season 3
episode 8.

He showed us the blue ghost version which I thought would be instantly recognizable ... my kids had no clue.  #bahkidsthesedays  #stayoffmylawn





Shark Hat by David Brenion - Balloon Magic #80

I love the look of this hat, the sidewall bubble in the front gives a nice pointed nose, and the artwork is so simple yet effective!

I know even less of what to do with giant head wearables -- I struggled mostly with this one attempting to get a decent picture and they all pretty much ended up looking exactly like this.








... rainbow head?  I have no idea what to do wi ... you get the idea.  But I do like how the lights turn each of these into little chubby faces.



1 comment:

  1. Those add a bright cheery hue to the day! Thank you! I'm including hairbands with my stuff for the library now so I will use the flower. Thanks

    ReplyDelete