Saturday, April 9, 2016

April 9 - Holly's Dancer


"You've got big dreams? You want fame? Well, fame costs. And right here is where you start paying: in sweat."
   ~ Lydia Grant Fame

Holly George (Holly Hopper at the time) released this design for purchase a little over a year ago, right around the time that I was to attend the Daddy/Daughter dance that was catalyst for this crazy hobby.

Holly is one of the long-running contributors to YouTube, she has shared many designs freely on her "Tutorial Tuesdays" - and her production quality is fantastic, it was a very easy decision to support her here. She continues to post despite the discomforts of pregnancy ... yes someday soon she will give birth to a little girl or (wait for it ... ... ... ) boy George.  Do you really want to hurt me?  :)

I didn't end up make any of these at the dance as things went very smoothly for my first "real" event, but I had brought a bunch (insurance) that I ended up giving out to the volunteers who were all young dancers from the studio hosting the event.

I like the way she simplifies the artwork, but sizing is important - I made the face a bit small on the dark hair/fuschia, and it makes her look heavier. I also like the smaller arms of the lilac dancer.




It's better to dance like a fool than stand around like an idiot!

6 comments:

  1. I see joy and abandon... thanks for the smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph is totally channeling it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh why am I just now seeing this!? Love your dancer creations and thank you so much for the support! Means a ton to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Hi Holly! I have learned so much from your tutorials - thank you so much for sharing!

      Delete