Saturday, April 23, 2016

April 23 - Prince


"Compassion is an action word with no boundaries."

In a year already fraught with musical tragedy - the world has lost something beautiful and pure.

His songs were a landscape for our lives, I'm hard pressed to come up with someone else at the moment who I've seen sing so passionately.   In all the years I believe he remained uncompromised by the press or the spoils of fame.  I remember watching the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame where Prince and a number of others played "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", and at the time thinking his performance was a bit showboating.  His performance begins about 3:30 into the song, it's almost like they were trying not to show him until that point  ...

Now as I watch it and I see that he's not just playing the song, he's eulogizing George.  And I hope someone eulogizes him so well.  He was a musical titan, we were lucky to know him even though it feels too brief.




This is what it sounds like, when pigs cry...

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Dearly beloved
      We are gathered here today
      To get through this thing called life ..

      Delete
  2. I was actually going to request that you make a tribute balloon and you did such a great one to honor him. I love your verbal tribute as well. When Doves Cry has been in my head for the last two days. Such a loss of a talented human being that gave so much in the short time he was here.

    ReplyDelete